I was born in SRINAGAR
in early thirties of the twentieth century to a middle class kashmiri pandit
family ,third child out of six. Our parents
brought us up in a strict code of moral,ethical, & social values
,which left deep imprint on the way of life we lived in its different periods
to reach its evening now. There have
been personal losses and tragedies on the way
which left their scars physically
and emotionally . Such events being destined
leave a human no leeway and lose their bite(though not their sting) with
the flow of time. My times are an epoch
of history of my native place and my community
as also my country which I have seen taking place as a living witness. I
am making an attempt to pen down what I have seen, heard and learnt personally
all these years so that my grandsons get
a personalised insight and focus of their roots and develop an interest
to study their native tongue, culture, history and geography of kashmir and
pass this passion on to their
generations so that the community’s ethinic
preserve is retained,even after their forced exodus from the Kashmir
valley. . In the process of this exercise,I also hope that they are mentally
tuned to speak in their own mother tongue kashmiri in their homes,hopefully
with the assistance of their parents.I also hope that this brief serves them as
an approach paper for deep detailed study of their native culture,mores,and
ethical values .
That is the purpose of starting a fresh
serialized series of titled : GLIMPSES OF HISTORY OF THE KASHMIRI PANDIT’S
NATIVE PLACE , KASHMIR, shortened as MY
ROOTS.
In the build_up of this narrative , I have made free use of any information I could browse on the net and the relevant data which was available. I acknowledge my gratitude to all with due humility.
The following books/pdfs/web sites have been reffered to researching for this blog series.
1.Historical chronology of jammu and kashmir state.(kashmirinf. network)
2.Baharistan i shahi A chronicle of medieval kashmir
(translated by Dr. K.N.Raina)
3. paradise lost Seven exodusesof kashmiri pandits by Prof.K.L.Bhan.
4.history of jammu and kashmir by Sanjeev Nayyar.(e sanskrita@suryaconsulting.net)
5.history of kashmiri pandits Google search.
6.Kashmir,the pandit question the forgotten conflict Al Zajeera
7.Legal Document no. 113 Kashmir's Instrument of accession to INDIA.
8.Living rituals of Nilmat Purana by Prithvi nath bhat(Koshur Samachar, Delhi)
9 Nilmat Purana a brief survey Dr, Ved Kumari Ghai.
10.Rajtarangni Wikepedia
11. Slow Eviction of pandits from Kashmir by M, Rasgotra
12.Saraswat Brahmins of Kashmir by Kashyap Pandit Google
13.Kasmir The storm centre of the world by Prof, Balraj Madhok.
14. White Paper on Kashmir Dr. M.L. Teng and C. L. Gadoo.
15. Gen. Zorawar Singh. Sikh encyclopedia.com
16. Rich heritage of Kashmiri Pandits. by Som Nath Wakhloo.
17.When Kashmiri Pandits fled Islamic terror. Rediff.com news
18.Kashmiri Pandits a forbidden community Dr. Satish Ganjoo's blog at BIGGADA.
19.' Rajouri Remembered ' by Amarnath Saraf.
In the build_up of this narrative , I have made free use of any information I could browse on the net and the relevant data which was available. I acknowledge my gratitude to all with due humility.
The following books/pdfs/web sites have been reffered to researching for this blog series.
1.Historical chronology of jammu and kashmir state.(kashmirinf. network)
2.Baharistan i shahi A chronicle of medieval kashmir
(translated by Dr. K.N.Raina)
3. paradise lost Seven exodusesof kashmiri pandits by Prof.K.L.Bhan.
4.history of jammu and kashmir by Sanjeev Nayyar.(e sanskrita@suryaconsulting.net)
5.history of kashmiri pandits Google search.
6.Kashmir,the pandit question the forgotten conflict Al Zajeera
7.Legal Document no. 113 Kashmir's Instrument of accession to INDIA.
8.Living rituals of Nilmat Purana by Prithvi nath bhat(Koshur Samachar, Delhi)
9 Nilmat Purana a brief survey Dr, Ved Kumari Ghai.
10.Rajtarangni Wikepedia
11. Slow Eviction of pandits from Kashmir by M, Rasgotra
12.Saraswat Brahmins of Kashmir by Kashyap Pandit Google
13.Kasmir The storm centre of the world by Prof, Balraj Madhok.
14. White Paper on Kashmir Dr. M.L. Teng and C. L. Gadoo.
15. Gen. Zorawar Singh. Sikh encyclopedia.com
16. Rich heritage of Kashmiri Pandits. by Som Nath Wakhloo.
17.When Kashmiri Pandits fled Islamic terror. Rediff.com news
18.Kashmiri Pandits a forbidden community Dr. Satish Ganjoo's blog at BIGGADA.
19.' Rajouri Remembered ' by Amarnath Saraf.
No comments:
Post a Comment